Tuesday, October 26, 2010

FRESH TRAX [2]

I have been meaning to get around to this psychedelic indie band for a while now and after I listened to their self-recorded and released album Psychemancer I knew I had to tell you all about it.

First off, these guys are still in high school. And I know there are lots of young bands out there, especially in Sacramento, but Dead Scott has a serious sophistication of sound. Think Pink Floyd meets Ziggy Stardust in a bar and they head over to T Rex's garage to record some songs...while still in high school.




 09 Moon Beams by Sage Cummins 

I think they have some serious potential so I was bummed when I saw a post on Facebook that said they had given up trying to make money off their music. Dead Scott seems to me like a band a small indie label would love to promote. I hope they keep trying.

You can download the entire album for FREE on SoundCloud!

Like what you hear? Send them a comment on MySpace or Facebook!

No comments: