Wednesday, July 14, 2010

W00T La Route!

One of my new favorite things to do at the moment is to check out Consequence of Sound's Festival Outlook. In my quest to gather more support for Paduta - Fresh Music Every Day, I go and check where I can go pass out business cards, meet bands, find future site contributers/users. And quite frankly CoS is the best place to find info on every festival you can think of!

While perusing festival updates, I came across this hot French piece: La Route du Rock. From August 13-15th, Euro hipsters will crowd the Emerald Coast of France to see acts like Caribou (who I love), Massive Attack, The National, Dum Dum Girls, and Follower of @paduta the Flaming Lips (to name a few).

Now, I was torn between the sure-thing (Outside Lands SF) and a dream. How could I POSSIBLY rationalize attending when I write for a small blog for a website still under construction based out of the Sacramento area?

BOOM! Ganglians!



That's right Sacramento's very own Ganglians is attending La Route du Rock as part of their European Tour. I'd say that's reasonable and logical justification to fly halfway around the world for a three day event...right? Guys?


Oh well, the Ganglians are awesome! And I'll go to France someday...

No comments: