Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bizness Trippin' - Fuck Yeah! Edition


Paduta is heading out to cover yet another awesome festival: this time it's the Los Angeles music, comedy and arts 
festival FYF Fest (formerly "Fuck Yeah Fest" - hence our arguably abrasive title).

I couldn't be more excited. This year's line up is extremely diverse and band diversity is something the organizers strive for every year. From folk to indie pop, punk to electronica, and whatever Ariel Pink is ( . . . AMAZING!) I am impressed and THRILLED to have spent only $30 (that's right folks, and there are still tickets available) to attend this day long festival in the Los Angeles State Historic Park.

Above I've circled the bands on my list of "MUST-SEES" - and trust me, I MUST see them - but I'm most excited to see Ted Leo and the Pharmacists and yep, broken record alert, Ariel Pink.

Here's why:


First of all, PAUL F. TOMPKINS - by far one of the funniest persons in my book of funny people. And you gotta love a punk band that doesn't take themselves too seriously.

Secondly, their latest release The Brutalist Bricks is on my list of favorite albums for 2010.

On to Ariel Pink: not only has he been recording and writing tracks since the age of ten, with over 500 songs recorded by 1996, but he was the second act to be signed to Animal Collective's label Paw Tracks. Though he says he used to get booed everywhere, his most recent collaborative creation, Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, and more specifically their album Before Today, has received international attention and praise. 



I will make sure to frequently post photos, and tales from this year's FYF Fest on Paduta's Facebook and Twitter! Keep an eye out folks - this one is gonna be a doozy! 

No comments: