Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May = Great Album Releases!


May 3rd

This highly anticipated album by the huge Canadian group (seriously - there's a bunch of 'em!) has some of their best work. 



Start With: 
1. World Sick
6. Art House Director



Check out my good friend Nick interview two members of BSS after their show at Wanderlust 2009 for his online indie radio show Off Air - Smart Rock Radio:




May 4th
A.C. Newman has once again brought together a talented set of collaborators (Neko Case, St. Vincent, Beirut's Zach Condon, & Okkervil River's Will Sheff) for this latest album.


Start With: 

2. Crash Years
3. Your Hands (Together)
6. My Shepherd





Oh man, AND I get to see them at this year's Sasquatch! Music Festival!




May 11th

Sleigh Bells
Treats - Mom & Pop Music

I just finally purchased this surprising and shockingly kick-ass album by noise-pop duo Derek E. Miller and Alexis Krauss. 


Start With:

1. Tell 'Em 
3. Riot Rhythm
4. Infinity Guitars
11. Treats

That's a good chunk of the album - yeah, they are that good! Loud, clever, and SUPER fun!


May 18th
Band of Horses
Infinite Arms - Columbia

Sure, this is their third album, but its their first release on a major label. This country rock indie band started in Seattle back in 2004, and most recently opened for Pearl Jam.

Start With:

3. Laredo
5. On My Way Back Home
11. NW Apt.

Some are calling this their best release to date!


The Black Keys
Brothers - Nonesuch

Since they formed in 2001, Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney have released nine amazing blues-rock albums.

Start With:

1. Everlasting Light
3. Tighten Up
11. The Go Getter

Auerbach also collaborated with several hip hop artists in January on the critically acclaimed project BlakRoc.




I don't know where to begin...
This is by far one my favorite albums of all time. It transcends genre and seriously entertains.

Start With: 
Who am I kidding? Listen to the entire album from start to finish!


It also includes great collaborations with artists like Kevin Barnes (of Montreal), Big Boi, and Saul Williams. 



As you may recall from my last post, I almost missed the opportunity to see this great band live (at Sasquatch). After listening to this album, I gotta say I would have made a BIG mistake.

Start With:

1. Dance Yrself Clean
2. Drunk Girls
4. All I Want




Next time...I'll be in Washington for Sasquatch!
Check back in for daily posts during the festival...
And for Facebook updates, and Live Tweets too!

No comments: