Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Austin City Limits Line Up Announced



[okay. yesterday.]

But I have an excuse for why I haven’t talked about it yet. I’m still trying to wrap my brain around why Muse got higher billing than Flaming Lips.

I won’t rant too much about it. I mean, come on. No matter how disappointed I might be with a few of the choices, ACL's 2010 line up is pretty gosh darn amazing!

So I’m going to wrap up my astonishment in one point, ignoring Flaming Lips' prolific album catalog compared to Muse's pithy 5,  and leave it at that:     
                                                                                    


Showmanship

Who puts on a better show? Here’s a video clue:

“Do You Realize” from UFOs at the Zoo (2007)

Or . . .

“Time is Running Out” from Live at Wembley Stadium (2007)

Final Summation

Let’s see . . . both bands had an album released in 2009 [Muse had Resistance and Flaming Lips Embryonic]. Both bands have a large fan base, have had successful careers, and are all over the festival circuit.

I guess it’s just a matter of taste. I may not particularly enjoy Muse, but somebody else out there might really be excited about their place in the ACL Line Up. Besides at Paduta we support ALL music! Kudos to them! Namaste, even!

Honestly, I shouldn’t be surprised that the festival that made the Eagles the headliner would also put Muse ahead of the Flaming Lips.
                                                                                
The Dude, however, would not be pleased.

Next time Meg lists some of her favorite sites,
and joins a 12-Step program for Twitter addiction,
oh, and continues to freak out over the awesomeness
who is Janelle Monae 

No comments: